Saturday, January 07, 2006

Some dream destinations ...


I love to travel. I have had an opportunity to live at different places since I was growing up and travel to different countries. The longest I have lived at any given place till now is seven years (actually that's pretty long!). Let's see how long I can hold to this record :).

I happened to glance at the book "100 places to see before you die" at a bookstore. I haven't read the book but this book gave me an idea to make my own list of places that I'll love to visit in different continents in my life. I am sure this list will grow longer (or may be shorter, if I actually end up visiting most of these places) with time.

USA: Alaska, Hawaii, Death Valley, Key West, Maine, Vermont (in fall), Utah. Drive on highway 1 all the way to Oregon from California, Yellowstone National park.
Canada: British Columbia, Banff (Alberta), Montreal.
Mexico: Yucatan peninsula(Mayan ruins)and other Mayan ruins elsewhere, Peubla, Cancun...
Central America: Belize, Costa Rica ...
Brazil: Rio, Sau Paulo, Amazon Jungle, Iguassu falls...
Peru: Maatchu Pitcchu, Inca ruins ...
Argentina: Patagonia, Buenos Aires, glaciers with the blue tinge (I forget the name) in the extreme south of the country ...
Chile, Ecuador(Galapagos Islands): ...
Bahama Islands.
Cuba. Barbados
New Zealand.
Australia: Barrier Reef, Sydney ...
Bali in Indonesia ...
Cambodia, China (Shanghai, Great Wall), Japan(Mt. Fuji)
India: Leh, Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshdweep, Kerala.
Male in Maldives. Colombo in Sri Lanka. Thailand.
Jerusalem in Israel.
Egypt: Alexandria, Cairo, Luxor, Pyramids, Sphinx, Aswan dam ...
Morocco, Turkey. Travel across the Sahara.
South Africa, Mt. Kilimanjaro, Kenya (Wildlife safari).
Europe: Prague(Chezch republic), Poland, Hungary, England, Ireland, Scotland, Spain, Switzerland, Croatia, Holland, Portugal, Greece, Russia ...

No comments: